Jo visits the Peterfreund in Arizona where for the first time, she works with a family who has a newborn son.
Parents Keith and Sonya are so overwhelmed with their three older boys: Jett (5 years old) Gage (3 years old) and Trey (2 years old) that they're missing baby Myles' cues about wet diapers, feedings, etc.
Mom literally has to run through the house after the active older boys with Myles hanging off her arm, head bobbing dangerously. Keith works as a flight attendant and travels frequently, leaving Mom to care for all four boys on her own.
Neither Sonya or Keith are consistent about discipline and their go-to punishment is "saucing" the three older kids, putting a dab of hot sauce on their lips. Can Jo show these overwhelmed parents of four how to parent effectively without using condiments?
- Keith puts hot sauce on Gage's mouth.
- Gage hurts Myles with the football.
- The kids make the parents overfeed the baby.
- Out of the rambunctious trio of Jett, Gage and Trey for behaviour in the episode, Jett was the friendlier one because despite how his parents described he wasn't a good listener and he would sometimes fight with his brothers, he was the only one of the trio who did not go to timeout and wasn't aggressive with his youngest brother Miles. Trey was in-between aggressive and gentle. He was aggressive, because he was in his terrible twos, but he was gentle because when he's not letting his temper tantrums get the best of him he can be mellow in most situations and was only sent to timeout once even though it was tricky the first time. Gage was the most stubborn and mischievous out of the the trio, because he threw a football at Miles, was on top of the roof when Sonya told him to get down,
peed in a garbage bag, and got sent to timeout three times.
Family members Edit
- Keith Peterfreund, 39
- Sonya Peterfreund, 36
- Jett Peterfreund, 5
- Gage Peterfreund, 3
- Trey Peterfreund, 1 (almost 2)
- Myles Peterfreund, Newborn
|Atkinson Family • Peterfreund Family • Swift Family • Young Family • Van Acker Family • Fernandez Family • George Family • Miller Family • Colombo Family • Potter Family • Merrill Family • DeMott Family • Froebrich Family • Federico Family • Evans Family|