The Naughty Point (or Naughty Arrow in UK) is a discipline technique that is introduced in the Tsironis Family. A child can sit on the point for many minutes depending on the child's age.
In the Hancox-Smith Family, the Naughty Point is a giant red laminated arrow, taped to the wall and emblazoned with the word "NAUGHTY." It points down to where the child should sit.
- Come down to the child's level and give a warning using a low-tone voice.
- Send child to the Naughty Point if the child disobeys the warning.
- Come down to the child's level again and explain the reason they are on the point.
- Walk away without saying anything and set the timer for one minute of their age.
- If the child escapes, bring them back to the point, say nothing, and reset the timer.
- After time out is over, repeat why they were on the point and ask for an apology.
- The child apologizes. (If the child does not apologize leave them on the step until they are ready.)
- Hugs and kisses.
- Move on.
- Tsironis Family (Teddy and Nicolas for 3 minutes)
- Hancox-Smith Family (Cameron for 8 minutes, Flynn for 5 minutes)
- Kate from the Tsironis Family could also get sent to the Naughty Point for 4 minutes, according to Jo Frost, who even gave her a verbal warning in the episode. However, she didn't end up there, as she was well-behaved but a little disrespectful.