The Naughty Block is similar to the Naughty Seat and the Naughty Chair. It was first issued in the Larmer Family. A child sits on a cube-shaped piece of furniture. The child must stay seated on the block for a depending amount of time based on the age. Afterward, the child apologizes. It's for kids ages 2-5.
- Go down to child's height, give them eye contact, use authoritive voice, and give them a warning.
- If child ignores the warning, send them to the block and explain the reason they are there.
- Leave child on block for 1 minute per year of age. If they leave before time is up, send them back to the block without any communication, and reset timer.
- Ignore attention grabbers.
- When the timer goes off, go and explain for a second time.
- Ask for an apology. (If they refuse, leave them on block until they are ready to apologize)
- Child apologizes
- Hugs and kisses
- move on