The Naughty Bench is a discipline technique similar to the naughty chair. It is a place where the child would sit for 1 minute per year of age to reflect on their bad behaviour.
- Come down to their level, use a low tone voice, and give them a warning.
- Send child to naughty bench if they ignore the warning.
- Explain why they are there.
- Leave child on bench for 1 minute per year of age. (4 years old= 4 minutes)
- If they leave the bench bring them back, no talking, and reset timer.
- Once they have sat there for their time, explain why they were there in the first place,
- Ask for an apology. (If they refuse, leave them on the bench until they are ready)
- Child apologizes.
- Hugs and kisses.
- Move on.
Uses of the Naughty BenchEdit
- Keilen Family (Maile for 4 minutes, Haeley for 6 minutes)
- Uva Family (Travis for 4 minutes)
- McAfee Family (Eliana for 9 minutes, Silas for 7 minutes, Kaia for 5 minutes)
- Martinez Family (Sindo for 9 minutes, Mikey for 6 minutes)
- Krolikowski Family (Johnny for 7 minutes, Thomas for 2 minutes)
- Griswold Family (Joe for 7 minutes)
- Mann Family (Naomi for 5 minutes, Nathaniel, Madeleine and Norah for 3 minutes)
- Johnson Family (Denver for 4 minutes, Logan for 3 minutes)
- Peterfreund Family (Gage for 3 minutes, Trey for 2 minutes)
- DeMott Family (Teddy, Milo and Giada for 4 minutes)
- Pandit Family (Jamie for 7 minutes, Jasmine for 6 minutes, Jenna for 5 minutes, Tiny for 3 minutes)
- Pollard-Morris Family (Matthew for 3 minutes)
- Cantoni Family (Gabrielle for 3 minutes)
- Butterly Family (Oliver for 5 minutes, Thomas for 3 minutes)
- Mihalik Family (Cole for 8 minutes)