She worked from home as a marketing representative so she could spend more time with her children, but admitted it wasn't working. She described herself as an overachiever who was always in "Go" mode. She felt at the end of her rope with how the girls ruled the household.
She also seemed to favor the girls over Jared, making excuses for them due to their age. When Jared expressed frustration with the girls, she would blame him for not being more understanding or tolerant. Jo made sure Melora started sticking up for Jared and punishing the girls when their behavior was inappropriate. Melora also improved her relationship with Jared by spending one-on-one time with him, listening to the ideas he shared through the Thought Box, and getting Jared to understand that "mommy loves him".
Melora was 36 years old at the time of her appearance on Supernanny and as of 2018, she will be 50 years old.
- ”But they're 4. You were 4 once." (to Jared when he complained about him getting punished when the girls didn't)
- "Alaia, Tell me that you're sorry please." (to Alaia)
- "Oh, my God!" (to Ashlyn when she dropped the toaster)
- "You made a major mess." (to Ashlyn when she dropped the toaster)
- "No! Not until you willingly stand there like I've asked you to do!" (to a violent Alaia in the Naughty Corner)
- "Do you feel like you neeed to go for 4 minutes in the Naughty Corner?" (to Alaia)
- "You turned off Jared's game. He was not bothering you, and now I want you to turn around and stay for 4 minutes in the corner." (To Alaia)
- "You know what, I don't know what to do! I'm just gonna be honest I don't know wha to do because I have a boss here that's telling me to get on the phone or I'm gonna get fired and I have kids that are totally out of control!" (to Jo when Alaia taunts her)
- "It's your TONE, Jared! 'Get out!'"