He worked full-time at a fast food chain. He was lazy and made Natalie do most of the work, even though she also worked full-time. He spent most of his time on the computer or fixing the van, believing when he is off work, he can just chill out.
Apparently, he also swore at Natalie and called her demeaning, vulgar names, and Tyler copied this practice in his disrespectful behavior to Natalie by calling her a big fat b***h. Jo gave Martin a stern talking-to, making it clear that Martin was responsible for this behavior by modeling it to his children (notably Tyler) in the way he treated Natalie. Jo pointed out in the parent meeting that he was 27, not 8.
He was 27 years old at the time and he is now 39 in 2018.
- "Sit down. It's not funny." (UK airing only)
- "If you don't want sit down, Tia, you're gonna have to sit there, okay?"
- "I work for a fast food restaurant. My shifts are quite all over the chart-- early mornings, late nights." (US airing only)
- "Sit down then, and eat it."
- "Get up. Get up."
- "Um, I had to do that naughty chair with Tia for about an hour. I walked about three miles, kept putting her in the chair, so it seemed to work in the end."
- "And l let you live here. I don't believe it."
- "I let you stay."
- "Tia, tire yourself out." (US airing only)