Jenniffer Jill Bowersock (née Floyd) (born July 17, 1981) is the wife of Thad and the mother of Madeline, Hayden and Lily. She is also the grandmother of her granddaughter Faith, her daughter Madeline's daughter.
Her form of discipline was yelling, spanking her children after catching her children hitting her, and washing her children's mouths out with soap for spitting. She was also undermined by Thad, who would help the kids do the opposite of what Jenny asked them to do, which added to the frustration. For example, after Jenny had spent hours trying to get the kids to clean their rooms by themselves, Thad would help the kids clean their rooms, making a waste of Jenny's misguided efforts. Finally, thanks to Jo, when Maddie began hitting and spanking Jenny, Jenny sent Maddie to the naughty corner for seven minutes, and after seven minutes, Maddie apologized and Jenny hugged her.
Having come from an unloving childhood herself, Jenny did not know how to show affection to her children. To help with this, Jo had them play a game of freeze tag that encouraged the family to give hugs and affection to each other. She also helped Jenny, a former high school cheerleader, bond with Maddie by encouraging her to a cheer-leading technique and eat a krill.
When Jo came to help out the Bowersock family, she made it absolutely clear that she didn't approve of Jenny's form of discipline. Jenny then revealed that she had an abusive childhood and didn't know how to parent differently.
During the revisit, all children were well-behaved and Jennifer had stopped spanking her children.
She was 25 years old at the time of her appearance on Supernanny and is 36 as of 2017. She will be 37 in 2018.
- "You wanna eat soap?"
- "When your dad gets home, that's it. He hits a lot harder than I do."
- "Quit screaming."
- "Quit pinching."
- “You can eat soap yeah oh yeah your sister ate it.”
- "If I get hit in the head, you're gonna get whipped."
- "Find the lid, or I'm taking it down to the garbage. One."
- "Get out of the road now."
- "Get in the trash and you're gonna get whipped."
- "No drinks, no nothing. You can taste the soap."
- "Wow, we're making progress. You've done nothing."
- "Hayden, you're driving me crazy."
- "Get your feet off the wall and stand in the corner now."
- "I swear, Hayden, I will smack your mouth off! Do you hear me?"
- "Don't move."
- "Don't spit."
- "Don't spit again."
- "Start cleaning now."
- "Don't hit me."
- "You're in the naughty corner 'cause you won't help me pick up your room."
- "There's not gonna be no 3 hours of walking her ass back to that corner. I'm gonna lose it. If I go back out there, she's going to get he butt spanked."
- "I'm absolutely getting fed up, very much fed up."
- "Come out here now!"
- "Don't you move."
- "This happy ******* naughty corner is not working!"
- "Let go. Brat."
- "Don't talk."
- "Girls, are you cleaning?"
- "You'd better clean. If I come in there, you're gonna get your butt spanked."
- "Yeah, you will."
- "Get down."
- "It's not funny."
- "You want me to throw everything away?"
- "I will throw Kitten away. You got Kitten taken, well, where's Kitten at?"
- "No, you don't get Kitten til the room's clean."
- "Pick up!"
- "Pinch me and I will smack you."
- "Look at the mess Lily. Aren't you embarrassed?"
- "Get up!"
- "Get off."
- "Bye-bye, Kitten. Give her a kiss. Bye."
- "Come on! Pick up! Now!"
- "Get picked up now!"
- "I want an apology. Give me a hug."
- "It's taking all I have not to whip em."
- "What about me? I mean I am trying. I am doing what I know to do. I don't have this whole 'loving mother' background. I am doing with the best I have. I'm not here to sugar coat, 'Oh yeah, I don't spank'. I spank! I scream and yell! That's me! If you can show me something that works better, I am open to that! I am bringing to you what I know."
- "I can't do this."
Jenny's Facebook page - We learn her maiden name is Floyd. It appears she has a good relationship with her children, and celebrated her 16th wedding anniversary with Thad in October 2014.