Denise Jane Cooke (born January 24, 1961) (née Matthews) is the mother of Meghann, Gabriella, and Erin. She struggled with her 3 girls, but Meghann in particular as their relationship was strained. She and Paul split up since the re-visit.
She was 44 years old at the time and 46 during the revisit and is now 57 in 2018.
- "Go and do your homework!"
- “That was very clever of you to do that, Meghann! WELL done!” (after Meghann hit Gabby at the dining table, during that same scene where Meghann quoted “I told you coke”, and in that same moment Denise confiscated the coke of of Meghann. Then Meghann quoted “WELL IT’S ME!”)
- “Right! Okay!”
- ”Let's go and say sorry to Gabby!”
- "Give it to me and stop swinging it, it's dangerous!"
- "Quickly, Erin, there's a car coming now! What are you doing?"
- "Just give me the telephone Meghann because you're really annoying me."
- "I WANT YOU TO SIT ON THE CHAIR WITHOUT BEING SILLY AND STAY ON THE CHAIR! I DON'T EXPECT THIS BEHAVIOUR!"
- “I want you to sit on the chair without making a noise!”
- "Don't bite me!"
- “Well you do NOT, BITE me!”.....(after Meghann was quoting “So I was all wrong and you’re telling me off and you’re at angry me aren’t you!” and walked away fast) And you were biting me Meghann.”) (UK airing only. Denise showed Meghann her bite mark on her arm that Meghann did as Meghann ran off)
- "18 minutes!"
- “Meghann I’m not having this behaviour and you have now got 18 minutes!” (and then Meghann argued “I DON’T CARE HOW LONG I GET IT!”)
- "Meghann, I'm not having this behaviour, YOU DO NOT, hurt our household belongings!"..... “Unfortunately you’re going down on the board” (whilst Meghann was fighting with mum over the princess chart and knocking it over) (UK airing only)
- “MEGHANN, I’M NOT HAVING THAT KIND OFF ATTITUDE SPEAKING TO ME LIKE THAT!”
- ”THAT IS UNACEPTABLE, MEGHANN!”
- “Meghann you’re not funny and you’re not clever!” (UK airing only)
- “Meghann, NO! MEGHANN!!!”
- Okay, Gabriella, you’re not going to have any friends for all of next week. (Gabriella stated that she hates her friends) Now that´s fine.
Denise's Facebook page - Shows current status as divorced.
Denise on Jigs and Wigs - season 2 episode 3
Breast cancer? I'd rather bring Supernanny back to my home - Hurst-Essex Observer, 10/15/2009. Interview with Denise about her bout with breast cancer.