Yyunsbhiuh Huiojnsuijooijoiujujisujioshuiwihuosouhisuhiisiyuhgyuiiuhioubsujioosijuoisujihusoisuohiouhsisujjous!Read more >
As you may know, an anonymous user (most recently under the IP address 126.96.36.199) has been blanking pages, posting abusive/vulgar comments and edit warring. This has been going on since May 2016.
- IP look-ups show that the ISP for this and the other IP addresses this person has used is Optus, an Australian ISP.
- Optus's email address for reporting abuse is email@example.com.
As Abuse.net notes, "If you want to report abusive behavior, you need to report it to the system where the abuse originated." This means reporting it to the ISP, Optus (though I did this a month or two ago with no results).
Australia has a law against cyberbullying , which the vandal's behavior may fall under, and an online reporting form.
Just wanted to make a short …Read more >
Hello! You might have noticed that I have been renaming images on the site as I clean up articles.
- Photos with single family members have a filename that includes the person's first and last name (if known).
- Photos with multiple family members contain the last name (also first names if there are only 2 or 3 people in the photo).
- Photos that include Jo also have "Jo" in the filename.
This makes it easier to search the Images library for photos when adding them to articles. You can't search for a family member whose photo is named Picture-10.jpeg, but you can search for a family member whose photo is named Brycie-Bullard.jpeg.
So, you could name the file appropriately before you save it on your computer; or upload it, then click the "Rename" butt…Read more >
Does anyone know how to use this Tab template so that content appears on the appropriate tabs? Would like to start using it as I make a second pass through the episode pages, but when I add it, all the content (except for "Episode" navigation template) goes into the "General" tab.
Alternate tab option
Found using this code at the top of the page in Classic Editor (choose Source tab) creates tabs, but think using the Episode template (the nav from episode to episode) is screwing things up. Think I'd need to set up information differently for every episode for it work. For example:
- A main page (Jeans Family) to set the tabview in, to contain the Episode nav template and episode summary
- An episode page for the Episode tab (separate from the main…
Wendy Briner is the single mother of Sarah And Emily, Became As Fostermother Of Ariel Yates And Britney. And Wife Of HaroldRead more >
I've just removed all mentions of the Agate Family's social media accounts, because people were contacting like ALL members of the Agate Family on their Facebook accounts (some still really hate Mary-Anne to the point of messaging her vulgarities).
Just wondering, should I continue on my social media removal spree from this Wiki, or should I just wait it out? But please note, if I see another family member on Supernanny get "hate messages" again, I'll go ahead regardless.
Tibbydibby (talk) 01:03, December 17, 2016 (UTC)Read more >
In doing the infobox cleanup, I have noticed that there are several photos that are not from the episodes and seem to be taken from people's social media accounts. If you don't own the image, then you don't have the right to share it on this wiki.
If the link to the social media account is there, then you can go look at the images there. And if the person chooses to make their account private, that is fine, too. It's their right to keep their photos and other stuff private.
I can see that some users have put a lot of work into adding these images, so am leery of deleting them, but wondered what others think. Let me know!
Kwitbeck (talk) 14:22, November 1, 2016 (UTC)
Hi, My Name Is Sarah Briner And I'm 20 Years Old And In 10 Years Ago I'm 10 Years OldRead more >
I Made timmypedia wiki and made badges NOTE: Am i cool?Read more >
Wondering what should be on it. I can see name, age (as they appeared on Supernanny), and the episode, maybe a quote, but that's it. Most full name and DOB info is unverified or unknown, so wouldn't want those as part of the template.
What do you think should be on the template? Should it even be called "Family Member" since there are non-family members in some episodes? Let me know what you think!Read more >
I'm am a VSFT MemberRead more >
Hello! I'm now going to go through all US episodes and do recaps and tidy up family member pages. What do you think about making family member pages branch off the family's episode page? For example:
- Main page is Jeans Family . A page for Leah Jeans would go http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Jeans_Family/Leah_Jeans instead of http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Leah_Jeans.
- This would allow a breadcrumb at the top of Leah's page back to the Jeans Family page.
Or, could just create a Family Member template that contains a link back to the main family page. Let me know what you think!Read more >
I'm Goin badge huntingRead more >
This is What Would The Logo Would Look Like!Read more >
Hello! There isn't a Techniques page for the Family Routine (also known as Household Routine or Daily Routine). These phrases are used equally often on Supernanny. What do you think that page should be called?Read more >
Hello! It seems the changes by anonymous users are getting a little out of control. Wondering what people think about changing this site's features to only allow registered users to make edits or comment? Thanks!
Kwitbeck (talk) 21:24, August 8, 2016 (UTC)Read more >
Because of recent edits to add episode and family member info from TLC's Family SOS with Jo Frost, I created a new Family SOS wiki. Looking for users to keep that up (at least 5)! I never watched that show so I doubt I will do much to keep it going. Thanks!
Kwitbeck (talk) 19:26, August 8, 2016 (UTC)Read more >
These are my questions. Please answer if you know. It will be a BIG help.
How do you add a category? How do you delete a template?Read more >
So I'm considering if I should start my own Wikia page, but it's exclusively for families who was on America's Supernanny .
Let me know what you think. :)
EDIT: The website is created but it's not ready yet. It's http://usasupernanny.wikia.comRead more >
It seems I have been lax in enforcing discipline when people break some of the House Rules on this site:
- Posting unverified/unsourced info. Hard because I do not know whether the tons of birthdates and middle names are true or not. It is true you can go to many websites and get that info for 99 cents a person, but I doubt the anonymous users who are posting this stuff are doing that?
- Posting pictures and gibberish unrelated to Supernanny. This includes excessive categorizing.
So, going forward, I am thinking of blocking users who do the above for one month when this happens, with no warning (which is what the original rules state). What do you think? I have noticed anons won't respond to questions about their content and people who do the abo…Read more >
i love unicornsRead more >
Could people please help in undoing the insulting/profane renames, blanks, and edits made today by these users (who seem to be the same person)? I've blocked them both for a year. The third was automatically blocked (because I set blocks for the first two accounts to also block any subsequent IP addresses the blocked users tried editing under). Thanks!
To all the Wikia users who have been on Supernanny before:
I appreciate your time and effort to set any records straight or editing your page (if it's you). However, if you are an anonymous or IP user, can you please create your own account and talk about yourself so we can know it's you and not just another IP vandal who "claims" to be you.
/endthoughtfulpostthatneededtobesaid.Read more >
TestRead more >
Note: The dates are when I added the page links, not the dates of when the task is done. I'll strike out the completed tasks once it's done. This is so I can remember to do the tasks in case I don't have the mood to do so at that particular moment but need to do it soon. Also (to other editors), please feel free to either do the tasks yourself or ignore this blog post. It's for MY reference only. ;)
Isabella Bruno (Add infobox, delete categories) Samantha Bruno (Add infobox, delete categories) Costello Family (Added: June 1, 2016; Tasks: Re-write each family member's introduction; Logan Costello already complete and will refer to his page if needed)
Updated June 2, 2016: Finished Joelle, Chaslyn and Carley. Updated as of June 3, 2016: Finished…
There are almost 700 categories with no category pages: http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Special:WantedCategories?limit=1000. Here are pages that people created categories for, but did not categorize: http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Special:UncategorizedCategories.
Under the Category Tree at http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Special:CategoryTree, you can see the categorized category pages if you enter the root category. The main categories are Disorders, Episodes, Musical Numbers, Organization, People, Techniques.
Which ones do people think should stay or go?
- I don't see the point of the "[Year] births" category when the majority of birthdates and birthyears on the wiki are unconfirmed.
- Also don't see the point of the categories that make judg…
From http://uptv.com/schedule. Times 6, 7 and 8 a.m. PST:
- Monday, 5/23: Orm Family, Wischmeyer Family, Weston Family
- Tuesday, 5/24: Gorbea Family, Bailey Family, Ririe Family
- Wednesday, 5/25: Collins Family, Christiansen Family, Burnett Family
- Thursday, 5/26: Minyon Family, Webb Family, McMillion Family
- Friday, 5/27: Larmer Family, Cooke Family, Amaral Family
- Tuesday, 5/31: Tsironis Family, Carsley Family
- Wednesday, 6/1: Silva Family, Young Family, Harmony Family
- Thursday, 6/2: Wujcik Family, Jackson Family, Newton Family
- Friday/ 6/3: Uva Family, Bowersock Family, Weinstein Family
- Monday 6/6: Fager Family, Swanson Family, Mihalik Family
As you know, lots of users limit their participation to adding categories to pages. Most of them are red-linked and so do not go back to a category page. Wondering what people thought about these ideas for cleaning up?
- User page that defines acceptable category criteria. For example, it can't be redundant of other categories (e.g., "screamers" vs. "children who scream bloody murder"), insulting/profane, and supports organization of the wiki.
- Creating category pages for "approved" categories (and protecting them so they don't get deleted). This would require going through all pages and deleting ones we don't need or want. Then when people add categories that have no category page, we can just delete them. It wouldn't require any real thought …
Does anybody know what time zone this wiki is in? It's hard to get the Devoted badge when you think you are making edits on a certain day and then find out in whatever time zone this wiki is in, that day has already passed.Read more >
Hello, my name is Tim and I love Supernanny.
Also, if you are asking why I'm cutting categories from some pages: Let's just say, some pages have SO MANY categories that we need to just start from scratch and rebuilding with mostly just relevant categories.
That is all. Enjoy the show! :)Read more >
Been remiss and skipped a day! Times are PST. (Edited to bold some I know aren't on the internet in very good quality, but still not sure if I've recorded any of them or not).
- Thursday, 5/5 - Goldberg Family 6 a.m.; Sacco Family , 7 a.m.; Porter Family , 8 a.m.
- Friday, 5/6 - DeMello Family , 6 a.m.; Krolikowski Family , 7 a.m.; Colier Family , 8 a.m.;
- Monday, 5/9 - Simmons Family , 6 a.m.; Phelps Family , 7 a.m.; Naszkiewicz Family , 8 a.m.
- Tuesday, 5/10 - McGrath Family , 6 a.m.; Beck Family , 7 a.m.; Griswold Family , 8 a.m.
- Wednesday, 5/11 - Mann Family , 6 a.m.; Johnson Family , 7 a.m.; 100th Special Episode , 8 a.m.
- Thursday, 5/12 - McKinney Family , 6 a.m.; Atkinson Family , 7 a.m.; Peterfreund Family , 8 a.m.
- Friday, 5/13 - Swift Family , 6 a.m.; Young Famil…
From http://uptv.com/schedule , times PST. Bolded episodes I am 99% sure I need to record (others, need to double-check as I am backlogged at looking at any I have recorded already).
- 4/20 - An-Duan Family , 6 a.m.; Dostal Family, 7 a.m.; Daniels Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/21 - Wilson-Knutson Family, 6 a.m.; Tafoya Family, 7 a.m.; Prescott Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/22 - Banjany Family, 6 a.m.; McKeever Family, 7 a.m.; Addis Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/25 - Citarella Family, 6 a.m.; Schrage Family, 7 a.m.; Clause Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/26 - Martinez Family, 6 a.m.; Browning Family, 7 a.m.; Doyle Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/27 - Moy Family, 6 a.m.; Quinn Family, 7 a.m.; Baulisch Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/28 - Park Family, 6 a.m.; Winter Family, 7 a.m.; Newsome Family, 8 a.m.
- 4/29 - Manley Family, 6 a.m.; …
Should Supernanny people be categorized by season (US) and series (UK)? There is only one category for people by season (http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Season_7_Introductions). I could see creating a People subcategory ("US episodes" and "UK episodes," followed by season/series categories under that), but not sure it's worth it? I'm not into categorizing. Let me know what you think!Read more >
On UP TV, times PST. Shows that might need recording because of no or low-quality video are bolded.
- 4/8: Young Family 6 a.m., Harmony Family 7 a.m., Wujcik Family 8 a.m.
- 4/11: Jackson Family 6 a.m., Newton Family 7 a.m., Uva Family 8 a.m.
- 4/12: Bowersock Family 6 a.m, Weinstein Family 7 a.m., Fager Family 8 a.m.
- 4/13: Swanson Family 6 a.m., Mihalik Family 7 a.m., Smith Family 8 a.m.
- 4/14: Haines Family 6 a.m., Nitti Family 7 a.m., Bruno Family 8 a.m.
- 4/15: McAfee Family 6 a.m., Goins Family 7 a.m., Williams Family 8 a.m.
- 4/18, Walker Family 6 a.m., Cantoni Family 7 a.m., Amouri Family 8 a.m.
- 4/19, Drake Family 6 a.m., Chapman Family 7 a.m., Schumacher Family 8 a.m.
Episodes coming up on UP TV (times PST). Episodes that we need video for are bolded.
- 3/24, Park Family , 6 a.m., Winter Family , 7 a.m., Newsome Family , 8 a.m.
- 3/25, Manley Family , 6 a.m., Howat Family , 7 a.m.
- 3/28, Federico Family, 6 a.m., '''Evans Family , 7 a.m., Jeans Family , 8 a.m.
- 3/29, Bullard Family , 6 a.m., Orm Family , 7 a.m., Wischmeyer Family , 8 a.m.
- 3/30, Weston Family , 6 a.m., Bailey Family , 7 a.m., Gorbea Family, 8 a.m., Costello Family , 5 p.m., Davis Family , 6 p.m.
- 3/31, Ririe Family, 6 a.m., Collins Family , 7 a.m., Christiansen Family , 8 a.m.
- 4/1, Burnett Family , 6 a.m., Minyon Family , 7 a.m., Webb Family , 6 a.m.
- 4/4, McMillion Family , 7 a.m., Larmer Family , 8 a.m.
- 4/5, Cooke Family , 6 a.m., Amaral Family , 7 a.m.,…
http://birth-records.mooseroots.com contains birth records that you can search by name to find full name and date of birth info for the following states. I'm only listing states that have birth records available at around the same time as the approximate ages of parents and children (for example, not listing Idaho because their birth records are only available through 1911).
- Ohio Birth Index, 1908-2011
- California Birth Index, 1905 - 1995
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1990 - 2012
- Kentucky Birth Index, 1911 - 1999
- Utah Birth Index, 1990 - 2012
Missed recording because I ran out of DVDs. Oops! Should be able to record these. But just for screencaps, as converting DVD recordings to MPEGs sounds like a pain.
- Krolikowski Family , 3/9 6 a.m.
- Colier Family , 3/9 7 a.m.
- Simmons Family , 3/9 8 a.m.
- Manley Family , 3/9 5 p.m.
- Phelps Family , 3/10 6 a.m.
- Naszkiewicz Family , 3/10 7 a.m.
- Beck Family , 3/11 6 a.m.
- Heredia Family , 3/11 7 a.m.
- Benton Family , 3/14, 6 a.m.
- Hallenbeck Family , 3/14, 7 a.m.
- Mann Family, 3/15, 6 a.m.
- Johnson Family, 3/15, 7 a.m.
- 100th Special Episode, 3/15, 8 a.m.
- McKinney Family, 3/16, 6 a.m.
- Atkinson Family, 3/16, 7 a.m.
- Peterfruend Family, 3/16, 8 a.m.
- Van Acker Family , 3/17, 8 a.m.
- Fernandez Family , 3/18, 6 a.m.
- George Family, 3/18, 7 a.m.
- Quinn Family , 3/23, 7 a.m.
Cause This Is A Show I'm Watching OnlineRead more >
The Daniels Family episode aired this week. There is a really bad video of it posted, should have recorded it for screencaps. So here is a list of upcoming episodes with not great videos available, or no videos. Apparently, I don't know how to use my DVR's timer as it hasn't worked for the two times I tried it this week (only got half of the Drake Family episode).
- Banjany Family, 2/29 7 a.m.
- Addis Family, 3/1 6 a.m.
- Citarella Family, 3/1 7 a.m.
- Schrage Family , 3/1 8 a.m.
- Browning Family , 3/2 8 a.m.
- Winter Family, 3/2 5 p.m.
- Doyle Family , 3/3 6 a.m.
- Marko Family , 3/3 7 a.m.
- Costello Family , 3/3 8 a.m.
- Davis Family , 3/4 6 a.m.
- Sachs Family , 3/4 7 a.m.
- Williams Family , 3/7 6 a.m.
- Del Re Family , 3/7 7 a.m.
- Goldberg Family , 3/7 8 a.m.
- Sacco Family, …
I've noticed on some Transcript pages, there is a breadcrumb back to the page the transcript is for (see image).
Can anyone point me to where to find out how to do that on other pages? I can't find anything by searching Help. Tried going into edit mode on a transcript page and couldn't see how the breadcrumb was added.Read more >
Hello! I'm still trying to get an image added to most pages, but some episodes aren't on YouTube, DailyMotion, etc. Checking the UP TV website , the following episodes are coming up (times below PST):
- Drake Family, Wednesday 2/24, 6 a.m.
- Marko Family, Thursday, 3/3, 7 a.m.
- Costello Family, Thursday, 3/3, 8 a.m.
Think I can just schedule our DVR to record, and play the DVD on the computer to get screen caps. If I remember! Not sure the quality will be great as our DVR is kind of old.Read more >
Though I haven't heard any feedback about adding Series 1, 2, 3 categories to UK episodes in place of Season 1, 2, 3 episodes, think I will start doing that as Series 1 UK does not align chronologically with Season 1 US, and makes for better categorizing. It will probably take a while though! After going through existing categories and cleaning up (not quite done with that, about halfway).Read more >
Hello! I am now going through the full category list at http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Categories to organize each category by type, starting with Episode categories. Using the existing categories that are there,
- There is a main Episodes category page at http://supernanny.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Episodes. It should, when done, only list all the subcategories under Episodes (for example, "Season 5 episodes"), and all the individual episodes should be under an appropriate subcategory (or more than one).
- If there people listed in any Episodes category, they need to be categorized under a non-Episode category. For example, instead of categorizing a child under "Season 5 Episodes," categorize as "Season 5 Children."
After Episode catego…Read more >
Hello! I've been learning a lot about categories since starting on this wiki. If we tag all the U.S. episodes as "US Episodes," we can have a category page of just US episodes. I created a general Supernanny TV Show page that I'd like to add a "List of US episodes" category page to link to. I was able to add a "List of UK Episodes" link based on the great categorizing already done for those episodes. Thanks!
I know lots of you love categorizing, so if you are working on a US episode page, please categorize it as a US episode! Please use the phrase "US Episode," as I now created a category page for that (since 12 episodes were already categorized that way). Thanks again!Read more >
The easy way to get images:
- View YouTube videos for family members and families with no images. I've started playlists by season so I can see which seasons have episodes and which don't. Then the second option will be watching DailyMotion videos, which I haven't made playlists for yet.
- Pause video where you want to take an image. Use Ctrl-+ to zoom in until the picture is as big as you would like
- Tap your screencap button (it's usually near your number pad and says "PrtScn")
- Open Paint, or other simple image editing software
- Use Ctrl-V to paste the screencap into the app
- Use the crop tool to crop the image
- Save image
Adding them is easy:
- Edit article
- Go to Insert>Media
- Select your image
- Click "Apply changes"
There are around 300 pages that still need i…Read more >